There’s no doubt that we all spend so many hours staring at our screens, whether it’s our phones, laptops, tablets, etc. However, most of us are aware of the negative effects these screens have on our eyes, not to mention our whole bodies.
Luckily for all of us, we can easily dodge this problem by using computer glasses. Need a pair but don’t know which to buy?
That’s where I step in. I’m going to walk you through choosing the best-rated computer glasses and my three top picks.
Things to Look for When Buying Computer Glasses
These glasses come in so many shapes, sizes, colors, and prices; varying from really pricey to very budget-friendly. Here are some features to look for when buying computer glasses.
Blocks Blue Light
Eye strain, headaches, and dry eyes are all symptoms of too much exposure to blue light. Though the obvious solution to this problem is to limit screen time, that just isn’t a viable option for those of us who put in computer work day in and day out. That’s why you need to look for glasses that block blue light pretty well.
Also, you want your glasses to include anti-reflective coating. This coating eliminates reflections of light from the front and back surfaces of your lenses that can cause eye strain.
Improves Sleeping Patterns
Another thing you’ll need to look for are glasses that’ll help improve your sleeping pattern because blue light can interfere with your sleep cycles. If you use sleeping glasses that block blue light they’re going to help with facilitating normal melatonin production.
There’s a study that proves that participants who wore computer glasses 3 hours before bedtime enjoyed a deeper sleep and an improved mood more than those who didn’t.
Our Top Picks
The good news is, there are computer glasses for every budget. Here are our favorite picks.
- PREMIUM NIGHTTIME BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING GLASSES: The specialized orange-tinted lenses in Night Swannies can block over...
- INVEST IN BETTER SLEEP: More than just a stylish fit, Night Swannies are exclusively designed to help signal the body to...
- A PRACTICAL GIFT FOR PROFESSIONALS AND GAMERS: Surprise your favorite night owl or gamer with a pair of Swannies to help...
- PAIRS PERFECTLY WITH OUR DAY SWANNIES: Night Swannies are so effective that they are not recommended for continuous use...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We’re so sure you’ll love your Swannies that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee...
These glasses are perfect for you if you already wear prescription glasses. Also, you’d really like these if you have a little extra pocket money and want to invest in high-end computer glasses. That’s because wearing prescription glasses and computer glasses, and trying to juggle the two can be quite a tiring process. Well not with these glasses!
What makes these glasses so great is that they fit over your existing prescribed or reading glasses.
They come with an acetate frame, which not only has hypoallergenic properties but is also flexible enough to fit the shape of your face. The frame has spring hinges that provide flexibility without compromising on durability.
Not just that, they’re also very lightweight you can barely even feel them on your face.
Plus, they have very enhanced clarity and the orange tint ensures that almost none of the blue light can come through.
- They make a difference in your sleeping pattern by stabilizing your sleeping cycles.
- They’re registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The orange tint makes it difficult to match and identify certain colors on your screen.
- The wide hinges would fall off smaller heads.
- They are a bit more pricey.
Gamma Ray FlexLite
- Package Includes: 1 Pair – Computer Blue Light Blocking Glasses with amber tinted lenses to minimize Digital Eye...
- Eyestrain Relief: Alleviates visual fatigue and discomfort from long periods of web surfing, gaming and working under...
- High End Gaming Glasses Design: Ultra-lightweight and flexible TR90 nylon frame material for durability and comfortable...
- Clear Magnification: Your blue light blocking reading glasses magnification/power depends on how far you are from the...
- 100% Risk Free: Try today absolutely risk free with our 90 Days Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee and experience the...
These glasses are perfect for you if you’re just getting into computer glasses and want to test something out that isn’t crazy expensive and more budget-friendly.
The frame of these glasses is made from ultra-lightweight nylon material, which makes it both flexible and durable for more long-term wear. The frames also come with flexible temple arms that make sure it will have a proper fit on any face without needing adjustments.
The cool thing about these glasses is that they are available in many magnifications/ power configurations, ranging from 0.00x all the way to 2.50x. This means that you can choose between different levels of lens magnification, depending on what you need to suppress blue light to avoid problems and eye fatigue.
Also, the yellowish coating on each lens protects each eye, providing for more comfortable reading on the computer, so if you’re someone who does a lot of online reading, these reading glasses are a great way to avoid getting too tired.
- They’re backed by a 90-day money-back satisfaction guarantee.
- They’re very affordable.
- Limited eye coverage
- Lenses get dirty easily and are hard to clean
The J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Glasses
- PROTECT YOUR EYES - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices (such as computers, TV, smartphones) have shown...
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY - Extended exposure to blue light rays may cause fatigue and stress. Filtering out...
- BLOCKS 90% OF THE MOST HARMFUL BLUE LIGHT* - J+S Vision Blue Light Shield protects your eyes by filtering out 90% of the...
- LOW COLOR DISTORTION LENS - Unlike other glasses on the market with heavily tinted lens. J+S Vision's low color...
- QUALITY CLASSIC FRAME - The classic large rectangular frame is suitable for both male and female while covering large...
These glasses are great for everyone. That’s because of the fact that they’re unisex and also have such a wide selection to choose from. You can pick from classic rectangular frames, round frames, or wayfarer frames, each available in 7 different colors. They’re not crazy expensive and not too cheap either.
What’s great about these glasses is that they are very stylish; they look like a trendy pair of glasses rather than technical gear. While they still have that yellow tint you’d expect with computer glasses, your eyes still don’t get overpowered by the color.
They’re also very comfortable so don’t be surprised if you completely forgot you even had them on your face.
Another thing that’s really cool about these glasses is that they’re actually high optical clarity reading glasses infused with anti-blue light technology. This pair of 2-in-1 glasses provides all the functions of your normal magnified reading glasses as well as serving as perfect computer glasses.
- They block 90 percent of blue light and 100 percent of harmful UV light.
- Lets through 70% of low energy blue light
- Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one year warranty.
- There is zero magnification.
Needless to say, the Swanwick Sleep glasses are our favorite pick. That’s because of their ability to stabilize the sleeping patterns and make you live a more healthy, Blue light-free lifestyle.
However, if that model is above your budget you can always go for the J+S Vision Blue Light Shield glasses. They’re more affordable and they look very stylish, no one will even know that they’re computer glasses.
All in all, whether you’re looking for something pricey but worth it, more budget-friendly, or something in between, one of these three pairs would definitely be the way to go.
1 thought on “Best Rated Computer Glasses”
A lot of these eyeglass companies tend to focus on the harmful blue light emitted from computers, so it s easy to forget that any LED screen can cause eye strain and blurred vision. These gaming glasses will protect your eyes during those seemingly endless gaming sessions. They can also be used for reading if you find yourself in front of a computer screen trying to read an article.