Looking for a quality pair of Blue Light Blocking Glasses? You’ve come to the right place!
Look at your workplace, and you will see a computer or some other digital screen on every single desk with a pair of eyes staring at them. It is no wonder that eye fatigue has become such a common complaint these days. So, this article will focus on discussing the best blue light blocking glasses you can use to protect your eyes.
Most jobs nowadays require a computer screen. Even jobs that traditionally didn’t involve any computers now have screens. For example, some warehouse companies list computer skills as a requirement for its job positions. Even jobs in the retail sector involve staring at a computer screen.
As computers and other electronic devices such as smartphones have become a ubiquitous part of our daily lives, their impact on our health is becoming increasingly evident. However, the blue light from a digital screen can disrupt our sleeping patterns, degrade our eyesight and so on.
How do we deal with the seemingly deceptive menace of the blue light? It is simple. That is through the use of the best blue light blocking glasses.
How to Choose the Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses
As we understand the harmful effects of blue light, it’s no surprise that the number of blue light protection glasses on the market is increasing. So, how do we find and get the best possible glasses?
Let’s take a look at some of the key elements in choosing the perfect blue light blocking glasses.
There are a number of special-purpose lens designs for blue light blocking glasses. The most straightforward option is the single-vision lens. This lens is specially modified to provide the greatest possible comfort while you are in front of a computer screen. It achieves this by enhancing your optical focus and increasing the field of vision.
Another popular option is the progressive occupational lens. This lens offers a more excellent intermediate zone relative to the regular progressive lens. This ensures that your time in front of a screen is as comfortable as possible.
Lastly, we have the occupational multifocal lens. This lens offers an even larger near and intermediate vision than regular bifocal or trifocal lens. They can even be tailored to your particular computer vision requirements.
Lens Tints and Coating
In order to provide maximum possible comfort, the lens should include an anti-reflective coating, also known as AR coating. AR coating can make a huge difference in our vision as it eliminates the possibility of reflection of light causing unnecessary strain on your eyes.
Another aspect of this lens is that it is photochromic. It is a type of lens that can protect your eyes from the high energy associated with blue light rays. Blue lights have greater energy than most other lights and can unnecessarily cause our eyes to strain.
Lastly, blue light filtering glasses also have a tint on their lens, mostly yellow but not necessarily. The slight tint can reduce glare from overhead lighting as well as enhance contrast.
Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses Available
Eyekepper Vintage Computer Glasses
The EyeKepper Vintage are blue light computer glasses that are a pleasure to wear and offer a degree of comfort that is completely unparalleled among its peers. In addition to the comfortable fit, these glasses are also quite durable, which also make them practical for daily use. You would want these frames if you’re looking for comfort, style and at the same time, protect your eyes from blue light rays.
These are made using a patented design for the protective lens. As a figure of speech, this lens will obliterate all forms of blue light rays emitting from your computer or smartphone screens. The glasses protect your retina from the harmful effects of blue light and make sure your eyes don’t feel strained halfway through the workday.
This pair comes with a microfiber cloth for cleaning the lens without worrying about scratches. It also comes with a hard, zippered case so you can keep your glasses safe and ensure they last as long as their lifespan.
The frames are made out of durable plastic and are registered with the FDA, ensuring high-quality plastic frames with spring-loaded hinges and blue-light blocking lens that will protect your eyes even after spending hours in front of a screen. Eyekepper will ensure that you get a full night’s rest even if you use your phone while in bed.
These are probably the best blue light glasses for computer use.
- Standard Frame : The frame material is plastic. With Spring hinge and aspheric lenses, it fits medium to wider head...
- Anti Blue Ray Glasses : Our anti blue ray glasses can obstruct injurious blue ray, as per test via the spectrometer (the...
- Comfortable Eyewear : The frame is comfortable to wear and the lenses light transmittance is very good. Besides, casual...
- Product Dimensions : Lens width about 1 7/8 inches (48mm), Frame width about 5 1/8 inches (130mm), Lens height about 1...
- Computer Gaming Glasses : Superior blue light blocking computer glasses
- Anti-UV rays
- Anti-fogging lens prevents needless distractions
- Eliminates glace and its ability to strain the eyes.
- Blocks out all of the blue light from being absorbed by the eyes.
- Strong lens coating
- Comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth and hard case
- It is available in a single frame design.
- It comes with turquoise tints matching its turquoise colored frames.
Black Computer Reading Glasses 0.00
These Computer Reading Glasses 0.00 is offered as a pack, which contains two pairs of glasses. The option to buy two pairs is an excellent decision since computers and digital screens are not exclusive to our workplaces. We also use computers and tablets at our home, especially in bed, which is when we are in most need of protection from blue light.
These dark frames go naturally with its slight blue-tinted lenses. These blue-tinted lenses are just as capable of blocking blue light as the yellow-tinted lenses, but look much better. .
They offer the perfect solution to computer-screen-induced headaches. They will help prevent blurry vision that we experience after spending hours staring at a screen. It will also keep your eyes fresh and rejuvenated after a long day at work. But most of all, you’d look pretty stylish wearing these blue light blocker glasses.
- VALUE IS ONLY THE BEGINNING: Truvision’s computer glasses are superbly crafted, designer glasses at a great price....
- ENHANCED DURABILITY: We paid attention to customer comments you'll see on other product reviews. "Screws Fell Out,"...
- CHOOSE YOUR STYLE: It can be frustrating that computer glass manufacturers ignore style and fashion. Our computer...
- STUNNING CLARITY: Each Pair of our computer glasses comes with its individual micro-fiber cleaning cloth bag to remove...
- COMFORT GUARANTEE: TruVision’s computer glasses are designed for your ultimate comfort, with durable spring hinges...
- Stylish design.
- It will protect your eyes from blue light rays.
- It prevents eye fatigue and computer-related headaches.
- Offers UV protection
- Thick, boxy frames might not appeal to everyone.
- Cannot be used as general purpose eyeglasses.
These blue light blocking glasses are like sunscreen for your eyes. Just like sunscreen protects your skin from harmful UV rays, these glasses protect your eyes from harmful blue light rays and UV light from computer screens. It is the best way to prevent retinal degeneration while still looking your best.
Last but not least, these glasses have been engineered with patented Sure-Flex Comfort Spring Arms, which ensures maximum possible comfort for its users.
Cyxus Blue Light Filter UV Blocking Glasses
Cyxus Blue Light Filter Glasses are an anti-eye strain glasses for computers and other electronic devices. The frames are made out of hardened and durable plastic, and the lenses are scratch resistant, ensuring a highly durable pair of blue light blocking computer glasses.
The glasses will ensure that you can have a restful night’s sleep even after spending a few hours watching your favorite tv shows right before going to sleep.
The frames have a classic round style, a design that is in fashion these days. It is available in two different colors namely black and tortoise. The lens has a slight tortoise-colored tint as well, which works wonderfully with both the black- and tortoise-colored frames.
If you intend to purchase these blue blocking glasses, you would be happy with the timeless and fashionable look and enjoy their classic vintage style.
- 【BEST BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING GLASSES】-- Cyxus Owns the HEV-Absorbed Technology and the anti blue light lens which can...
- 【UNIQUE BLACK BLUE GLASSES】--The black on the outside and the blue on the inside show the inner character of most...
- 【REDUCE EYESTRAIN & SLEEP BETTER】--When harmful blue light emitted by electronic LED screens, wearing Cyxus blue...
- 【HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL】-- The anti blue light glasses,with five-layer hinges and an enhanced nose pad, are durable...
- 【LIFETIME WARRANTY】--Cyxus provide every customer with the lifetime warranty. Please wear our glasses without any...
- The frames are available in two different colors.
- Have a unique tint, which will appeal to those who avoid generic styles.
- It blocks 99% of UV and blue light rays.
- Offers the best way to avoid disrupting your sleep cycle and internal clock.
- The blue light filtration glasses cannot be used as sunglasses or for other purposes.
- The tortoise tint might not suit everyone.
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading Glasses
The J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading Glasses are computer reading and gaming glasses with 0.0 magnification. It offers anti-blue light protection as well as protection from UV rays. The lens used in the glasses is certified high-definition lens.
The frames have a classic rectangular style. It is made out of durable but comfortable plastic, which ensures style, comfort as well as longevity. The frame is available in a glossy black color that makes them stand out. The rectangular frame is ideal for both men and women, and the size ensures a decent field of vision. The temples are loaded with springs, which allows for a comfortable fit for all types of head sizes.
The glasses offer an easy and straightforward way to minimize your exposure to blue light, which can cause excessive fatigue and stress. The high-quality lens filters out all of the blue light rays and allows us to focus on the task at hand. As the lens filters out the high energy rays, only low energy blue light is left, which has no harmful effects on your eyes.
- PROTECT YOUR EYES - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices (such as computers, TV, smartphones) have shown...
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY - Extended exposure to blue light rays may cause fatigue and stress. Filtering out...
- BLOCKS 90% OF THE MOST HARMFUL BLUE LIGHT* - J+S Vision Blue Light Shield protects your eyes by filtering out 90% of the...
- HEAVY DUTY LENS - with 7-Layer Anti-reflective coating and hydrophoic treatment. J+S Vision's heavy duty lens is...
- QUALITY CLASSIC FRAME - The classic large rectangular frame in black is suitable for both male and female while covering...
- Rectangular frame design is suitable for both men and women.
- The large design ensures maximum coverage of your field of vision.
- The spring-loaded temples ensure a comfortable fit for big and small heads.
- These highly practical glasses don’t offer much in terms of style and fashion.
- It has the strongest yellow tint ensuring minimal eye damage but maximum color distortion
PROSPEK Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses – Best for kids
The Prospek Kids Blue Light Blocking Glasses offer eye protection for our kids. These glasses that block blue light but are designed and intended for children aged four and above. Since the new generation of kids is brought up with electronic devices, it’s no wonder that they’re even studying while on computers and tablets.
Therefore, it has become increasingly important to provide them with a protective eye gear that not only appeals to them but also protects their young eyes. They offer precisely that since they have a design that would appeal to most kids that age.
The frames have a number of fun colors that would be attractive to young children. But more importantly, the lens has the minimal possible tint to ensure minimum color distortion for the young and still developing eyes. The glasses come with an extra pair of hands, and the frame has an expandable size so it can last a long time even as your kids are growing.
- DON'T CHEAP OUT not all kids blue light blocking glasses are made the same our anti bluelight glasses may not be the...
- LOOKS GREAT ON EVERYONE With our blue light blocking glasses both women and men and now kids look great in our glasses!...
- NO HARSH YELLOW TINT computer glasses for blue light blocking often have either a dark orange tint or are poor quality....
- REDUCE EYE STRAIN Prospek computer glasses help protect kids from the blue light that they get everywhere now! Help keep...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Manufacturer lifetime warranty means you have nothing to lose. We stand behind our products because...
- Bright, fun colors for kids.
- Comes with an extra pair of arms.
- Light yellow tint.
- Extra durable frames can take a beating.
- Adjustable size to fit your kid’s face even as they grow.
- Very low lens tint means low degree of glare protection.
- Can only be used by children aged four and above.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What are the Common Symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome?
The chances of experiencing computer vision syndrome, also known as Digital Eye Strain, significantly increase if we spend more than four hours in front of a computer screen. Some of the most common symptoms you might experience include:
- Lack of Focus
- Burning Eyes
- Difficulty sleeping
- Double Vision
- Bad eyesight
- Tired Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Twitching Eyes
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
Is a Prescription Needed for Blue Light Blocking Glasses?
Most glasses for the computer are available without the need for a prescription. However, if you have weak eyesight and would like your glasses to act as blue light blocking glasses as well, you might need a special prescription that will give you blue light protection along with your vision-correcting glasses. This technology is available, but it needs to be custom made.
Do Blue Light Glasses Work?
Blue Light Blocking Glasses have a special lens that is capable of filtering out high energy blue lights emitted from digital devices such as computer screens, smartphones, and even fluorescent lights. Since these lenses filter out the harmful rays of the blue light, they allow your eyes to focus with greater ease, reduce eye fatigue and eyestrain, and improve contrast.
They also happen to work great as gaming glasses. Screens are not only on the phone, computer, and television.
What is Blue Light?
There are different types of lights, some visible and some invisible. When we talk about lights, we are usually talking about visible light spectrum. Within the light spectrum, blue light is the closest to UV light—the harmful invisible light. On the opposite end of the visible spectrum, we have red, which is next to the harmless infrared.
The thing is, blue light exposure is not harmful, but constant exposure can cause premature degeneration of your eyes and can really mess up your sleep cycle, also known as your circadian rhythm.
Screen time on electronic devices, as well as LED and fluorescent lights, emit blue lights. As we are increasingly spending a higher number of hours in front of a screen, we need to protect our eyes with computer glasses. They can filter out harmful, high energy blue lights and protect our eyes.
Do Sunglasses block blue light?
No, sunglasses may block UV rays but they won’t block harmful blue light or prevent Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), also known as Digital Eye Strain.
Out of all of the different anti blue light glasses that that we’ve looked at, which would be the best blue light blocking glasses? Well, the thing is all of these glasses will get the job done, that is, protect your eyes from harmful blue light with minor color distortion. Without taking the design and looks into the mix, how do we conclude?
There is one aspect of all these Blue Light Blocking Glasses that could potentially make the difference; that is independent third-party testing. Since there are still no accrediting agencies for these types of glasses, we need to rely on third-party testing labs.
Since Cyxus Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses has each and every one of its lens tested by an independent third party tester, it is safe to say that this item is one of the best choices we can recommend for protecting your eyes.